compensation: Hourly pay rate will be $10.50 payable bi-weekly plus benefits employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Working 40 hours a week, the Kitchen Assistant/Cook helps with preparing meals for VCCA programs, providing backup staffing for cooking, prep work, and other miscellaneous kitchen duties as assigned.
Reports To: Executive Chef
Job Summary/Objective: Helps with preparing meals for VCCA programs, providing backup staffing for cooking, prep work, and other miscellaneous kitchen duties as assigned.
Position Type/Expected Work Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week.
Hourly pay rate will be $10.50 payable bi-weekly.
Supervisory Responsibilities: May assist with monitoring and directing other kitchen assistants as needed.
The role includes cooking breakfast, preparing and delivering the lunch to the Barn, preparing the salad, cutting and plating the desserts, making coffee, getting the dining room ready for opening, washing dishes and cleaning.
This position also requires being available as a substitute cook, preparing dinner for VCCA artists when needed.
* Social Security
* Valid Driver’s License
* Need a reliable car
* Must have a working phone and respond when called
* Strong communications skills, including written and verbal communication
* Proficient with basic computer skills such as email, online time card tracking and approvals, and willingness to utilize the electronic time card system
* Prior experience in food service field
* Open to learning and direction
* Reliable and takes initiative to be proactive with projects and needs of the organization and the team
* Maintain a high standard of safety and efficiency
* Flexible, able to respond quickly to unexpected needs and to react to change productively in order to handle multiple tasks and priorities as assigned
* Ability to work with little or no supervision and maintain a high level of performance
* Adhere to rules and regulations of health and safety
* Sensitive to the creative environment at VCCA
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in food service field
Part of essential personnel and required to work in emergency situations (inclement weather)
Able to lift 50 pounds, climb small ladder/step stools, stand for extensive periods while working
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers