compensation: full-time salaried position: $34,075.00 - $56,504.00 + Full benefits including VRS. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Earliest Available Start Date: January 6th, 2019
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week), Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Location: Lynchburg VA 24501
The Physical Plants & Facilities Manager oversees the maintenance of all Horizon buildings and vehicles and staff who perform maintenance functions. In addition, the Manager is responsible for planning and implementing internal physical plants and facilities projects, as well as coordinating with outside contractors.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in facility management, building maintenance, construction management or related field.
• Five years of related facilities maintenance experience, including two years serving as a supervisor in the field and some project management experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
The Manager working in Horizon’s Physical Plants and Facilities Department will work within Horizon’s various sites reporting to the Procurement & Facilities Manager, and will be responsible for the following:
• Facilities & Physical Plants Administration: Develops and executes systems for regular repair and maintenance of facilities. Ensures all equipment and facilities are functioning well. Inspects buildings to identify maintenance issues. Initiates interventions to solve problems in facilities. Reviews work orders on a daily basis. Creates work assignments for staff. Organizes, and monitors staff assignments to ensure completion of daily assignments and current projects. Review job tasks and selects appropriate personal protective equipment to protect employees. Ensures employees follow prescribed safety and health procedures, use appropriate safety equipment, and report any unsafe conditions and/or mishaps; Provides administrative supervision to assigned staff on a daily basis. Coordinates with IT staff for technological needs. Coordinates with Horizon's Safety Officer to ensure ongoing compliance with safety standards. Ensures safety equipment is procures as needed and that all tools and equipment are maintained in good condition. Maintains accurate records of equipment and vehicle functioning status and other systems in buildings. Ensures maintenance related costs are documented. Documents work orders for tracking and monitoring purposes. Updates office files and records. Completes routine reports and reports as requested.
• Project Management: Assumes project management responsibilities; Assists with planning for cost efficient methods to meet Physical Plants and Facilities short and long-term maintenance needs. Provides project time lines, task outlines and budget projections for assigned projects. Plans and coordinates maintenance projects within expected time frames and budgets. Observes and inspects work in progress and upon completion to ensure compliance with project plans and specifications and acceptable work practices. Assists contractors when problems arise during the course of a project. Keeps supervisor informed of progress. Coordinates physical moves of staff as needed. Coordinates shuttle services for employees attending Horizon events as needed.
• Performance Management: Creates work assignments for staff and assigns duties and responsibilities to employees; Manages employees' work schedules. Ensures employees fully understand their duties and performance expectations. Provides ongoing, timely feedback to employees throughout the work cycle to reinforce good performance and to correct performance that needs improvement, making disciplinary recommendations when appropriate. Acts as a coach to motivate staff and support their skills development. Completes performance reviews in accordance with Horizon's performance management policy and procedures. Interviews and selects employees in Physical Plants and Facilities Department.
• Vehicle Fleet Management: Oversee and coordinate day to day maintenance of agency vehicles; Oversee and coordinate vehicle repairs as needed. Coordinate and schedule routine/annual preventable maintenance of all agency vehicles. Maintains vehicle costs data and provides periodic reports.
• Miscellaneous Duties: Regularly performs hand-on maintenance duties as needed. Completes other duties and projects as assigned. Completes all assigned training, including LMS assigned training, as required. Committee/Meeting participation: When serving on a Horizon Committee or attending a Horizon meeting, listens attentively and actively participates with constructive, solution-oriented feedback. Attends meetings as scheduled, arriving on-time and prepared to discuss applicable agenda items.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be all-inclusive. Management reserves the right to revise the job description as needed.
Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of procedures, equipment, tools and materials associated with maintenance, repairs and construction of buildings.
Knowledge and skills regarding the principles, procedures, and techniques related to electrical, heating, plumbing, and HVAC installation, maintenance, repair, and support.
Knowledge of building codes.
Knowledge of the principles, procedures, and techniques related to project management.
Knowledge of motor vehicle repair, maintenance and upkeep.
Knowledge of and adherence to Horizon policies and procedures.
Ability to use Microsoft Office products and electronic computer systems for the completion of electronic administrative tasks (work order maintenance, e-mail correspondence, time sheets, performance management activities, trainings, etc.)
Basic Math skills.
Ability to read blueprints,
Ability to effectively communicate verbally as well as in writing.
Ability to identify customers’ needs and expectations and respond to them in a timely manner through a formal process.
Ability to identify and measure outcomes.
Ability to manage a budget and stay within budget expectations.
Ability to promote positive, collaborative, and professional working relations among co-workers and representatives in the community.
Ability to record data and complete documentation within established expectations and by communicated deadlines.
Ability to analyze situations accurately and apply appropriate responses or techniques.
Ability to respond effectively to changes in the work environment in a positive and professional manner.
Ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative team environment.
Ability to drive and must possess a valid driver's license. Required to travel to different Horizon work sites during the day based on operational needs or provide admin support at other locations. Regular attendance at trainings and Horizon meetings may require travel to a variety of Horizon sites.
Willing and available to work modified schedules (weekends, holiday, etc.) as required.
Ability to address performance concerns in a constructive manner.
Horizon Behavioral Health is celebrating 50 years of being the primary public behavioral healthcare provider in Central Virginia serving individuals with mental health and substance use disorders, as well as individuals with developmental disabilities. Horizon is the proud recipient of the 2016 Giving Back award, has been named Best of Lynchburg for Counseling Services in 2017 and 2018, and most recently named Best Place to Work in 2018.
We offer a generous benefit package that includes participation in the Virginia Retirement System; life, health, dental, and vision insurance; annual leave, sick leave and holidays. Horizon participates in the NHSC, as well as PSLF educational loan forgiveness programs. If you are interested in continuing your education, working at Horizon qualifies you to receive discounts at some local universities.
To Apply – visit our online career center @ www.HorizonBH.org
Horizon Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Workplace (EOE).
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers